Ventilation

Hi, I brought some new tubs to put the roaches I am getting in. I am not sure wether it would be better to drill lots of small air holes around the top of the tub or to cut one big hole at one end of the lid and cover it with fine mesh. Which do you think would be better?

Thanks for any replies

All of the roaches you listed and most inverts you will probably keep in the future will benifit from good vetilation. A lack of air flow will lead to mold and mildew and all sorts of gross.

Not all creatures have the same requirments though so it may take some research or trial and error depending on what you are working with.

You don't mean all in the same tub do you?

All of the roaches you listed and most inverts you will probably keep in the future will benifit from good vetilation. A lack of air flow will lead to mold and mildew and all sorts of gross.

Not all creatures have the same requirments though so it may take some research or trial and error depending on what you are working with.

You don't mean all in the same tub do you?

No not all in the same tub. I have six tubs at the moment. I have decided that I am going to drill holes in the lids of maybe two of the tubs and cut large sections and mesh it in the rest of the tubs, and then I can rotate the lids depending on what species I decide on. Would it be better to put the mesh on the inside or the outside of the lid?