news: Periplaneta japonica hits usa

They say they can go through harsh cold winters. I wonder if most of the tropical roaches can live here in NC since I put out lobster roaches when it was about 30 degrees and they were fine. They did not freeze so I guess underneath their egg crates it might not be so cold and the ground is always muddy and never frozen here. I look at the temperatures in New York and they are not so severe I guess and also a lot of Europe maybe because of the currents of the sea. But in mountains it would be much colder.

• 2 weeks later...

And so the cockroach once again proves itself to be among nature's most capable creations.

Yeah, God has a way of providing what His creatures need. When He created them He must have for seen that they would be the most hated and hunted insects, so He endowed them with their amazing survival capabilities to protect themselves. Unfortunately it doesn't always work for each individual.

Yeah, God has a way of providing what His creatures need. When He created them He must have for seen that they would be the most hated and hunted insects, so He endowed them with their amazing survival capabilities to protect themselves. Unfortunately it doesn't always work for each individual.

Maybe I'm being overly sensitive here, but perhaps it would be best not to express/insert your religious beliefs into your posts on here. It's ok to have your own opinions, but it might make some people upset or uncomfortable. I, for one, am not religious and disagree with your views, but I won't get into that as this is no place for that sort of discussion.

Let me know if I'm out of line here.

• 2 weeks later...

From what I understand there hasn't been any other specimens found since this exterminator found these. I have a feeling that they are probably located in other places in the city but I'm doubtful it's in a place that someone has such a trained eye for them. Keep in mind I'm an exterminator and I've worked with more than one tech (with many years experience) that couldn't differentiate between an Oriental cockroach and the nymphs of the American cockroach. Nor did they care, even though they live different ways and knowing the difference is a good start to getting rid of them in a home...but I digress.