Identification for Hissing Cockroach

Wow! it looks like a hybrid of Gromphadorhina oblongonota (Wide Horn Madagascar Hissing Roach) and Gromphadorhina portentosa (Traditional Madagascar Hissing Roach) but there is really know what to know unless you can find out from the original breeder. It has the color of Gromphadorhina portentosa and the "horns" of Gromphadorhina oblongonota. Thanks for sharing. :)

I got them from the seller labeled as G. portentosa. However, I questioned wether they were pure when all kinds of different colors and horn sizes/body shapes popped up in the colony's different generations. I have seen the black morph and a few individuals that had the coloring of G. oblongonota. I was very excited when I found this particular individual in my colony.

I got them from the seller labeled as G. portentosa. However, I questioned wether they were pure when all kinds of different colors and horn sizes/body shapes popped up in the colony's different generations. I have seen the black morph and a few individuals that had the coloring of G. oblongonota. I was very excited when I found this particular individual in my colony.

Yes, they definitely sound like hybrids to me. I have a similar colony of BizarroVille hisser freaks that I use just an personal pets. I never give them away. I enjoy seeing what pops up but they NEVER go to anyone else. I was given a gravid female and she formed the basis of the whole colony. She was a hybrid.

• 2 months later...