flat horn hissers dietary differences?

Shaneofall

Anyone notice flat horns eating less than others or having different heat requirements? I am growing some out alongside (same type of bin/ heat) as some wide horns. The wide horns are eating 5 times or my the qty of food. I am mixing 6 grains with a few other powder supplements including bee polin. Also notice the lack of eating when I add a banana.

My flat horns eat like pigs. Even more than the wide horns I'd say. I find myself refilling their bowl more often than any other species of hisser I keep. I feed mine carrots, apple, cucumber, grains, and occasionally mulberry leaves. Currently, my temps are about 78-84 F on average.

I have a pair that seems to eat very well. I toss a carrot in there and it's gone within a week. They enjoy oats and dog food as well and don't typically leave very much. Still waiting on the female to give birth (I think she's gravid?) but that's a thread for another day :)

• 7 years later...

I just got some flat horns.  I hope in the future to have wide horns and the other species of hissers that I do not have yet.