"The Weird Kid In School"

Inkie14

I was always "the weird kid in school." I think that most of the people here can relate to this. How many of you were always the odd kid on the block? How many of you are still the weird adult on the block? Got any funny stories of weird/unusual/silly things you did in school or at work involving invertebrates or creepy crawlies that maybe got you in trouble? Did you throw worms at girls on the playground? Have you brought your tarantula to the office? Have you shown someone your exotic insect tanks on a first date? Let's hear it, fellow weirdos! :)

I am known to bring roaches on occasion to school and just about everyday on the bus someone is like "yeah this kid brings roaches to school all of the time. Hey Roman you got any today?" and when I know there is a person with a roach phobia and I dont have a roach with me I fake grab one and "throw" it in their general direction. Not a really nice thing to do but they always laugh after the fact :)

Alan: Wow, that is so cool! What a great learning experience! That's something that most people never get to see.

Roman: Lol that's silly ^_^

Tongue Flicker: Oh interesting! Like honestly, how much weirder is keeping insects than keeping reptiles? And for those who think keeping reptiles is weird, how much weirder is keeping insects than keeping rodents? Or cats and dogs for that matter?

• 2 weeks later...

I recently got interviewed by one of the college magazines for their article on students' pets after one of my friends had informed a reporter that I, well, had really strange pets. they came over and photographed my crabs, roaches, scorpions, and shrimp, and ended up emailing even more questions after the head writer wanted more information. The whole thing had a really wonderful attitude about it... And they treated them just like anyone else's cat or fish or snake. That's the exception, I think. At the reptile club I go to, a few people still think it unbelievable that someone could want to keep roaches. I just laugh. They'll come around eventually!

Oh my, and showing the animals on a first date... I do joke that they're the reason I'm single! I can see it now: my Christmas "family update" cards are just going to be all about who molted and what new babies have hatched...