Platymeris sp. "mombo"

Cariblatta lutea

Awesome inverts! On my wishlist for sure! Is this your first captive bred generation? I've heard that Platymeris are parthenogenic, but can have males present. Is that how this species is, or do you just have both males and females?

Awesome inverts! On my wishlist for sure! Is this your first captive bred generation? I've heard that Platymeris are parthenogenic, but can have males present. Is that how this species is, or do you just have both males and females?

Apparently, that parthenogenesis stuff is a rumor, and there's no solid proof for it, which would explain why several people who've owned only females never got offsprings from them. I have two males and a single female by the way.

Apparently, that parthenogenesis stuff is a rumor, and there's no solid proof for it, which would explain why several people who've owned only females never got offsprings from them. I have two males and a single female by the way.

Interesting...that's very good to know!

• 2 months later...