Polyphaga care questions

I just bought some Polyphaga sausurei and Polyphaga aegyptiaca, and have a few questions about them.

First off, how long do the ootheca of P.aegyptiaca take to hatch?

Secondly, Roachcrossing.com states that both species like their substrate dry, should i do a moisture gradient, or just keep it mostly dry with a moist corner?

And thirdly, can you guys post some pics of your setups?

Thanks in advance!

I second what Roman Buck said - at least for P. aegyptiaca - use fine sand, and keep it dry. They will get all the water they need from food (fruit and veggies).

As for the oothecae - they take very long to hatch, I had mine hatching after 10 months-1year. I separeted them from the roaches and kept them in a box containing woodshavings. I added just the tiniest bit of water for humidity, about 10%, kept it constant and waited. After they hatched, I transferred them with the adults as they tend to grow better with bigger specimens munching on the food first.

Thanks for the information, I will be keeping them dry, and I will probably keep a big piece of carrot in their cage. The roaches should arrive today, I can't wait! :D

Yeah I dont have sand anyway, I am gonna keep them in coco fiber with lots of dead leaves in it, since that is their main diet. Thanks for the advice! :)