Hey there guys! My name is Jae, and i would like to care for Question Marks!

ZipperMouth

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, most "Gromphadorhina portentosa" stocks are hybrids, it is really hard to find true stock nowadays.

Yeah, but it is not too hard to find "pure" stock of the other species, whereas with the G.portentosa almost all stock is probably hybrid.

Babies don't JUST happen lol. It takes give or take a couple of months. A species that feels like an eternity to raise is Polyphaga sausserei. Takes up to 2 years for it to be a full grown adult female and it takes 7 plus months for babies to appear...

Oh Jeez. We've had the roaches about a month. so 30 days. And it takes 60 days for gestation. The heating pad inside the tank is trucking away, but it cant get the temp to get higher than 79-80. Will the roaches be comfortable breeding at this temperature? Should i replace the heating pad or will this one be alright?

I already have to buy a heating pad for the question marks ill be ordering at the end of April. The rest of the container is ready. substrate, water and food bowls(sponge for water) some treated animal safe sticks from the pet store for climbing and decoration and a good 2 inches of substrate so the babies can burrow when they arrive.

We replaced the cracked plastic tank with a 1 1/2 gallon tank /glass/ tank with a glass lid. The Question marks will be in a 1 1/2 gallon glass hexagon tank.

We are curious about some beetles,.maybe some Hercules beetles or something large and colorful.

I have a slight feeling you are over thinking the care lol. Hissers (in my opinion) are indestructible. My hissers always bred at high temps (80-90) and had babies at lower temps (room temp- 76). They are super weird for me and too large to keep a good sized colony hidden so I got rid of them :).