Symploce sp.

I might be receiving some Symploce sp. in the near future. I found some basic care information on Roach Crossing (AMAZING SITE) but I was wondering if anyone had any tips for care, horror stories of escapees, etc.

Thanks!

I received some Symploce pallens and Symploce macroptera couple of months ago. Because they looked very similar to Parcoblatta I expected the nymphs to be unable to climb smooth surfaces. Turned out I was wrong and I ended up having 10 or so nymphs climb out of the enclosure, which I managed to put them back into the container. That's the only horror story I have with this genus. lol

All I have to say is prepare for the worst. It's always bad when escapees happen. Since they are considered a pest, and knowing you would keep them in a pickle jar ;) I would make sure to have a good thin Vaseline barrier not only on the verticle area, but also on that upside down lip thing. Oh and ALWAYS KEEP MOISTURE IN THERE!!!! Had a bunch of Germans die because of lack of moisture :(

...knowing you would keep them in a pickle jar ;) I would make sure to have a good thin Vaseline barrier not only on the verticle area, but also on that upside down lip thing...

You seem to know me well :-) I do what I have to to keep my insects inexpensively. And the vaseline on the upside-down lip seems to be the trick with most of what I have.