Cyclocosmia truncata

Amazing! I have always been interested in the way they block up their burrows from predators with their flattened abdomen, nature sure is amazing! :)

Amazing! I have always been interested in the way they block up their burrows from predators with their flattened abdomen, nature sure is amazing! :)

Indeed. It's interesting to see a spider stare at u for a sec only to see it disappear and u end up seeing its butt while digging through the burrow. LOL

• 2 months later...

I love these things. Question, what position do they normally rest in and how do they catch prey? Do the normally hide with their head facing the entrance so they can capture food and only plug the burrow with their rear when disturbed, or do they spend most of their time with the burrow plugged and turn around when they sense prey? Or do they do something else?

I love these things. Question, what position do they normally rest in and how do they catch prey? Do the normally hide with their head facing the entrance so they can capture food and only plug the burrow with their rear when disturbed, or do they spend most of their time with the burrow plugged and turn around when they sense prey? Or do they do something else?

They usually stay near entrance with their head facing up and pounce on the prey. After that, they go deeper into the burrow and turn themselves to make their butts face upward.

They're stunners! I also had no idea they lived in AL. How's the sac?