Plecoptera poeyi?

Does anyone know if Plecoptera poeyi has made it into the hobby or if anyone is working with this species? I know it's a very small ectobiid found in Florida (at least according to Bug Guide), but that's about it.

http://bugguide.net/node/view/1071902/bgimage

Those two are such interesting and pretty species, and they live here in the US. I can't believe no one has gotten them into the hobby yet.

Same here! It seems like there has been more of a focus on US species lately though, so maybe we'll get lucky and they'll be available in the next few years.

Same here! It seems like there has been more of a focus on US species lately though, so maybe we'll get lucky and they'll be available in the next few years.

One can only hope! :)

Probably from buying from various European sellers, illegally. I am almost positive some people in the US have ordered from Schaben and Spinnen, a German seller.

Probably from buying from various European sellers, illegally. I am almost positive some people in the US have ordered from Schaben and Spinnen, a German seller.

I've always drooled over that list, but I could never make an order since I don't have all the necessary permits. Maybe someday lol.

I know, the southern hobbyists need to step up their game and get some in the hobby! Hey Cariblatta, these can be found in AL, get to work!! :P

I know, the southern hobbyists need to step up their game and get some in the hobby! Hey Cariblatta, these can be found in AL, get to work!! :P

I'm saving money for AZ trip, but once that's over I'm planning to collect some rare roaches (and other inverst) in FL. Now the sad part about this hobby is that I've been introducing some native species to the hobby but not many people seem to be interested in them :(

Yeah, but they can be found in your home state! Good luck with your AZ trip, there are some really cool roaches there!

Hey, I'm totally interested in the native species, even more so than most tropical species! (Parcoblatta have become one of my favorite genera). I just rarely have money to buy roaches, and when I do it never seems to coincide with your sales!

Yeah, but they can be found in your home state! Good luck with your AZ trip, there are some really cool roaches there!

Hey, I'm totally interested in the native species, even more so than most tropical species! (Parcoblatta have become one of my favorite genera). I just rarely have money to buy roaches, and when I do it never seems to coincide with your sales!

I'm actually planning an AZ collecting trip in March. I'll be mostly confined to the Northern part of the state, in Kalibab National Forest and Grand Canyon National Park. Is there anything you want me to look for?

Thank you :) I've looked up the place where picta has been found and it's quite far from where I live. Also, I doubt that I'll have much luck finding this Chorisoneura sized roaches in the middle of the forest when I'll only be there for few hours.

You can always PM me when you have money to buy Parcoblatta ;)

I'm actually planning an AZ collecting trip in March. I'll be mostly confined to the Northern part of the state, in Kalibab National Forest and Grand Canyon National Park. Is there anything you want me to look for?

Well, any Arenivaga are a nice find, there are several species in AZ. Compsodes schwarzi is another really cool roach missing from the hobby. There is also the elusive Parcoblatta notha, that would be a very nice find indeed!

Don't get me started on the darkling beetle fauna there, when I was keeping those I would have died for some of the species there. Alas, I am not really into keeping those atm.

Hope you can find some cool stuff there! :)

Thank you :) I've looked up the place where picta has been found and it's quite far from where I live. Also, I doubt that I'll have much luck finding this Chorisoneura sized roaches in the middle of the forest when I'll only be there for few hours.

You can always PM me when you have money to buy Parcoblatta ;)

Oh well, that's too bad. Hopefully one day we will see this pretty species in the hobby!

Thanks, will keep that in mind! :)