Latiblattella lucifrons

OOOOOOO, love the white along the abdominal and thoracic area.

Me too, makes it look just like a wider version of Cariblatta minima! :)

I thought the same! That's why I call it giant minima. LOL

That's funny lol! :D So how big is this species when mature?

They are about the size of female Parcoblatta fulvescens (22 mm ish)

Wow, much bigger than I was expecting! Really hope these do well for you, would love to own some at some point! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I tried taking some pics yesterday but could only get 2 crappy pic cause the nymphs started pouring out of the container. LOL

That's what happens with the L.rehni you gave me, as soon as the container is moved or jostled in the slightest, they all go to the top of the enclosure!! Makes it really hard to get pictures of them lol!

Aww how adorable!! :wub: Really hope these grow well for you, never heard of anyone breeding this particular species, though that's probably just due to lack of interest and their relative rarity.

Thanks :) I believe Orin had this species before as he have posted pics of adults on this forum.

Yeah, but I don't know if he was able to breed them or not, his book mentioned them but did not have any info on husbandry, leading me to believe that he had little to no success in breeding them unfortunately. Then again I could be wrong. :)

I've screwed up really bad this time :(

I started seeing black fungi in the container these were kept in, but didn't give much thought on it since I've seen these fungi in other roach colonies before. Soon, I started seeing nymphs with black antennae and legs so I decided to see what's going on. When I checked inside, about 3/4 of my nymphs were missing, and the remaining ones aren't looking good. Even the adult female had black antennae and legs, and seemed lethargic.

It appears that the black parts were the spores of this type of fungi and it gets on you easily so the spores got onto the roaches and stressed them out to death :(

Crap man, sounds bad. :( Don't beat yourself up too bad about it though, wasn't your fault. At least the fungus itself does not seem to be entomophagus, so any new nymphs that hatch out of your female's oothecae and hopefully the remaining ones will be OK.

Hope your surviving individuals bounce back, keep us updated!

Crap man, sounds bad. :( Don't beat yourself up too bad about it though, wasn't your fault. At least the fungus itself does not seem to be entomophagus, so any new nymphs that hatch out of your female's oothecae and hopefully the remaining ones will be OK.

Hope your surviving individuals bounce back, keep us updated!

Thanks. There's one unhatched ooth left so I'm keeping my hopes up!