Anyone raise Paratemnopteryx couloniana?

I've thought about getting this species myself. Sounds like they're pretty easy to care for and reproduce well. Looking forward to other responses from keepers who have them! 

Yeah, today i peeked at some scientific papers describing them and info there is flat out different from my experiences, by a huge margin, so either we keep some other species, or they adapted very well over time with countless captive generations. In my opinion they are very hardy and unless it's super cold(60F and less) they will not have problems at all with breeding. Obviously, the higher the temperature, faster they develop and grow. Biggest thing you need to care about them is to provide moist environment for ooths, either by separating them into incubators, or providing 1-2" substrate in your colony. My lazy ass don't like to spend time collecting them, so i just let substrate do its job. 

From what I've heard lats will indeed breed in the 70s, but they no doubt breed faster in the 80s or 90s. I'm sure some strains breed better at lower temps than others.

Can confirm. My lateralis will drop fertile egg cases at any temp between 70-95F. I personally keep them at 85-87F, just because that's the temp in my little roach room. These guys have surprisingly moved to being one of my favorite species. Being highly thigmotactic, they're really fun to observe. I can just breathe on one corner of their enclosure and they run in a herd to the other side. 

Got the colony earlier today! They're very quick and an active species, though I can't say much else yet until they have a day or two and some food.

Alright, so from what I've been seeing, they're pretty much active all the time, and react very aggressively towards food. I got some free packets of turtle food from NARBC and they would grab the little pellets and go running around with them. I only have nymphs at this point so I don't have to worry about climbing which is kind of nice, but I have several that look to be subadult or pre-subadult. No burrowing, so I gave them a bunch of leaf litter to run through and they came with some toilet paper tubes, which I've left in the enclosure for now. Since they like it moist, the tubes probably won't last very long. I also tossed some dwarf white isopods and springtails in there to help keep the mold down, so we'll see how they do. 

• Like 1

In response to the red goblin question, they are a lot like lateralis, only very arboreal, and much bolder. They're fun to watch, very active feeders, and will play tug of war with pieces of carrot or other food. I keep mine from 72-75 ambient temp and they are breeding. Not like lats though..nor do they grow as fast. I mist only rarely, keep them on 2" of jungle mix and provide them with cork tubes, which they pretty much stay on. they can climb smooth plastic but not well or quickly. I like them and plan to keep them going, though I have fed a few to my amblypigyds..they seem like perfect prey for them.

1 hour ago, MassExodus said:

In response to the red goblin question, they are a lot like lateralis, only very arboreal, and much bolder. They're fun to watch, very active feeders, and will play tug of war with pieces of carrot or other food. I keep mine from 72-75 ambient temp and they are breeding. Not like lats though..nor do they grow as fast. I mist only rarely, keep them on 2" of jungle mix and provide them with cork tubes, which they pretty much stay on. they can climb smooth plastic but not well or quickly. I like them and plan to keep them going, though I have fed a few to my amblypigyds..they seem like perfect prey for them.

Actually one of the main reasons I wanted them was for amblypygid feeders, though they seem to be a very neat little roach in general. How humid do you keep yours? I'm currently seeing a lot of mold popping up in my container, but I think I just need to bump up the ventilation. Will probably have to replace the substrate tomorrow, so it'll be interesting with several dozen nymphs.