Corydidarum magnifica has entered the European hobby!

Looks like C.magnifica has entered the european hobby, one person in Germany is offering them for sale and will be offering them at an insect fair in Frankfurt apparently. :) Hopefully this means it'll only be a matter of time before they'll enter the US hobby...

Hey, gotta give some credit to the guy who got you to start investigating the availability of them.;) But anyway, what a crazily beautiful roach, gives even P.mitchelli a run for it's money! I probably won't be the one to bring them into the U.S hobby, but hopefully someone else does!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, All About Insects said:

Hey, gotta give some credit to the guy who got you to start investigating the availability of them.;) But anyway, what a crazily beautiful roach, gives even P.mitchelli a run for it's money! I probably won't be the one to bring them into the U.S hobby, but hopefully someone else does!

Haha yeah, thanks man. ;) Yeah they are beautiful and much bigger than I thought, hopefully someone will bring them into the hobby soon!

3 minutes ago, Marijan2 said:

Wow, nice specimen! But the cost :o

The price seems pretty good for what's being offered, but it is still a pretty expensive roach for sure. 

• 2 weeks later...

There's some in the states... I know someone that currently has ooths from his and I'm first in line for nymphs. ;) From what he's told me, they came from Malaysia as ooths. I'll send him this link to see if he will contribute.

42 minutes ago, pannaking22 said:

Wait, this species isn't ovoviviparous? 

No, it's definitely ovoviviparous, so either the guy @Josh M. is talking about is a con artist or he was conned. This species has live birth, it's a Blaberid. Also, current stock in the hobby originates from Vietnam, and this species doesn't actually live in Malaysia, only China and Vietnam. So yeah, definitely seems sketchy...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hisserdude said:

No, it's definitely ovoviviparous, so either the guy @Josh M. is talking about is a con artist or he was conned. This species has live birth, it's a Blaberid. Also, current stock in the hobby originates from Vietnam, and this species doesn't actually live in Malaysia, only China and Vietnam. So yeah, definitely seems sketchy...

Whew, just wanted to make sure I wasn't losing it lol. Somehow missed All About Insects' post as well. Yeah, it's sounding like someone might have gotten ripped off unfortunately. Guess we'll just have to wait for them to make their way over from Europe. Someday!

6 minutes ago, pannaking22 said:

Whew, just wanted to make sure I wasn't losing it lol. Somehow missed All About Insects' post as well. Yeah, it's sounding like someone might have gotten ripped off unfortunately. Guess we'll just have to wait for them to make their way over from Europe. Someday!

Actually he edited it later lol! :lol:

Yeah, I'm fairly confident they'll make their way over to the US eventually, who knows, maybe they are already, but that guy definitely doesn't have any.

2 minutes ago, Hisserdude said:

Actually he edited it later lol! :lol:

Yeah, I'm fairly confident they'll make their way over to the US eventually, who knows, maybe they are already, but that guy definitely doesn't have any.

Yea, you're not going crazy, I edited my post after I saw you guys' posts and remembered that this species is ovoviviparous, must not have been thininking at the time I poted my first comment! LOL:lol: 

No he's not a con artist... I just was thinking of another roach he and I were discussing. He got them as young nymphs from Malaysia, he had got another exotic as ooths. I just asked him about his magnifica and this is what he had to say:

They are still alive. No new babies yet though. Hopefully they will start soon. Not sure though. They may even need a winter dormancy.

All this speculation is hilarious! I can assure you he does have them but believe what you want.

• Like 1

Also, I'm well aware of where they originate from. They came from a breeder in Malaysia... The guy is trustworthy and has no reason to lie. I haven't sent him money, a trade or anything. He sent me some pics of his colony but I've misplaced them. I just asked him to resend them, I'll gladly post them up. I do apologize for the confusion. I was not feeling well and just wanted to let everyone know they are actually in the states which I assumed everyone  would be stoked about!

• Like 1

Well OK then, sounds like he's legit! Sorry for all the speculation, the whole oothecae thing threw me off, thanks for taking the time to explain the situation! Hope they do well for your friend! :)  

4 minutes ago, Hisserdude said:

But the fact still remains that C.magnifica does not live in Malaysia, does he have pictures?  

Yes, he has pics. I'm wiped out and about to crash. I was chatting with him earlier but he's not online now. I'll post them up tomorrow once he sends them. Again, sorry for the confusion! He's actually a very well respected reptile breeder....  They are indeed in the States.  He says they were extremely small when he got them and seemed to take forever to have their first offspring. He thinks they should be giving birth fairly soon again though. Once they do, I can get mine. I told him about this thread but he didn't seem interested. I suspect since they were likely sent illegally....

4 minutes ago, Hisserdude said:

Well OK then, sounds like he's legit! Sorry for all the speculation, the whole oothecae thing threw me off, thanks for taking the time to explain the situation! Hope they do well for your friend! :)  

Hey no worries! I now know better to post again when I'm so under the weather! ;)

2 minutes ago, Josh M. said:

Yes, he has pics. I'm wiped out and about to crash. I was chatting with him earlier but he's not online now. I'll post them up tomorrow once he sends them. Again, sorry for the confusion! He's actually a very well respected reptile breeder....  They are indeed in the States.  He says they were extremely small when he got them and seemed to take forever to have their first offspring. He thinks they should be giving birth fairly soon again though. Once they do, I can get mine. I told him about this thread but he didn't seem interested. I suspect since they were likely sent illegally....

Well I hope you feel better soon, can't wait to see those pics! :D Glad they are in the US already, hope his give birth soon so you can get some!

BTW, do you know if after he sends you yours if he'd be open to any trades for them? :rolleyes: 

Just now, Josh M. said:

BTW he got H. histrio and palliata from the same breeder in Malaysia....

Ooh nice, I know H.histrio are in the US hobby but H.palliata is a new one, hope they do well for him!  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cariblatta lutea said:

I can attest that this guy has C. magnifica as I know him too. 

Also, his stock originates from China apparently.

Awesome, so glad these are in the US already, I thought it would be years until we got some. :)

Interesting, cause one guy in Germany claims his stock comes from Vietnam. Well, it's always good to have different bloodlines in the hobby!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Cariblatta lutea said:

I can attest that this guy has C. magnifica as I know him too. 

Also, his stock originates from China apparently.

Wow, this is beyond amazing, so exhilarated that this gem has entered the U.S hobby!!!

Man, wish I knew who this mystery man was who has a hold of one of the most stunning species of roach in the world!!!:lol: