Jump to content

Arenivaga floridensis "White"


Recommended Posts

Oh, I envy you! 
Beautiful pictures of very nice animals. I wish I could get some these! 
Thanks for sharing these pictures! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, stanislas said:

Oh, I envy you! 
Beautiful pictures of very nice animals. I wish I could get some these! 
Thanks for sharing these pictures! 

Thanks! :) Hopefully one day they'll make it to the European hobby, first they have to get established here though, and for some reason that seems to be a difficult task! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, dactylus said:

Best of luck to you with this species!  I really, really, really like the look of those animals!

:)

Thanks, they are are good looking! :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What a unique looking roach! I was about to comment on how similar their shape is to a Boll's sand roach, only to realize that they belong to the same genus :rolleyes: I have a lot to learn. It's incredible that the males go through such a transformation, while females remain looking so much like the nymphs.

...that is, if the very first post contains both male and female nymphs?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Chimera said:

What a unique looking roach! I was about to comment on how similar their shape is to a Boll's sand roach, only to realize that they belong to the same genus :rolleyes: I have a lot to learn. It's incredible that the males go through such a transformation, while females remain looking so much like the nymphs.

...that is, if the very first post contains both male and female nymphs?

Yup, there are around 40 described species of Arenivaga, all of which are very similar in overall morphology. These are the prettiest by far IMO. :)

Yeah, the sexual dimorphism in this genus is very noticeable! (And yes, you can see a subadult male nymph in the last photo from the first post, their thoracic pads are a lot darker than those of female nymphs).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Hisserdude said:

Yup, there are around 40 described species of Arenivaga, all of which are very similar in overall morphology. These are the prettiest by far IMO. :)

Yeah, the sexual dimorphism in this genus is very noticeable! (And yes, you can see a subadult male nymph in the last photo from the first post, their thoracic pads are a lot darker than those of female nymphs).

It's a very interesting shape. The females remind me of little tanks.

Ah, okay. That's what I suspected, but I wasn't sure!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...