Small bins Vs. big bins?

TiercelR

Depends on how many roaches you have, if you are only starting with a few, it's best to keep them in a smaller container, and upgrade the bin size as the culture grows. 

• Like 1

I agree with @Hisserdude sometimes I even keep them in a 16oz deli if I only have a few nymphs and then move them up until they get in there final enclosure. I mainly use a 15 qt tub from menards it has purple handles (which I spray paint black:D) I house most of my collection in them I can fit 32 on one shelving unit. It also comes in a larger size which I use some. I get my deli cups from TSK Supply (also a good idea to get heat packs from) I use the largest ones they have there that are 190oz for smaller species. If your not planning on selling or feeding them off I’d say use a larger container bacauce they may get to crowded in a smaller one. My goal is to just keep a colony large enough to sell from while keeping the container as small as I can to save on space.

I have recently experimented with this. For a long while I kept good amount of Eublaberus serranus in a sterlite 16qt bin. It was 2/3 full off substrate with some pieces of bark. I drilled multiple holes in the lid. They did very well in this set up and I could remove young for feeders weekly. Now I have them in a 29 gallon fish tank. Several inches of substrate and branches for the aduls to climb on. They do not produce young very often in this set up. Although I prefer this one because display is better for me then feeders.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.