Is there something wrong with Gromphadorhina hybrids?

So, from what I understand, Gromphadorhina species can interbreed within their genus. I've heard that this can lead to lots of variation in color and markings. That seems like a plus to me, but people generally seem to only want pure strains.

My question is: is there something inherently wrong with hybrids? Do they have health issues? Can they end up sterile? I know in some hobbies (like the dart frog hobby), it's considered irresponsible to breed hybrids because it compromises purity of certain localities or something? Is the same true with roaches?

I posted a thread awhile ago, looking for a large roach species with lots of variation within that species. @BlattaAnglicana suggested hybrid Gromphadorhina portentosa, and I think that's a great idea. If there's nothing actually wrong with hybrids, I think that opens up a lot of interesting possibilities. On that note, can any Gromphadorhina species breed with any other Gromphadorhina species? Does anyone know of any good sources about breeding hybrids and how to isolate any desirable morphs that might result?

I still have a lot to learn about roach genetics and breeding- any feedback would be greatly appreciated ?

Also, Hisserdude said

"

Because people often mislabel their hybrids, and then sell them off as pure stock, people buy them and then sell them as pure stock as well, and before you know it the hybrid stock becomes common and purebred stock becomes rare, which is what happened to G.portentosa stocks and I think the same has happened to many Blaberus dicoidalis stocks. Plus, hybrid hissers aren't even as colorful as their pure-stock ancestors, so it's not like the hybrid stocks look cooler or anything.

Overall creating hybrids is a bad thing for the hobby, and selling them off as purebreds is even worse.Nowadays it's pretty hard to find real G.portentosa, thanks to hybrids being created and mislabeled."

2 hours ago, Test Account said:

Reputable expert Kyle @ RoachCrossing: 

"I have observed that hybrid roaches tend to be less vigorous than parent species".

2 hours ago, Test Account said:

Also, Hisserdude said

"

Because people often mislabel their hybrids, and then sell them off as pure stock, people buy them and then sell them as pure stock as well, and before you know it the hybrid stock becomes common and purebred stock becomes rare, which is what happened to G.portentosa stocks and I think the same has happened to many Blaberus dicoidalis stocks. Plus, hybrid hissers aren't even as colorful as their pure-stock ancestors, so it's not like the hybrid stocks look cooler or anything.

Overall creating hybrids is a bad thing for the hobby, and selling them off as purebreds is even worse.Nowadays it's pretty hard to find real G.portentosa, thanks to hybrids being created and mislabeled."

Ah, okay. That's good info to know, thanks so much. The last thing I want to be is an irresponsible roach owner or breeder.