Always wanted both a pet bunny and arachnid? Now you don't have to choose between them!

Chimera

Very nice, I love tropical harvestman! ?

Although there's little chance of any of them entering the hobby soon, there is a very pretty native species that I'll hopefully be able to try my hand at breeding this year, Dalquestia formosa. 

https://bugguide.net/node/view/450463

11 hours ago, All About Arthropods said:

Very nice, I love tropical harvestman! ?

Although there's little chance of any of them entering the hobby soon, there is a very pretty native species that I'll hopefully be able to try my hand at breeding this year, Dalquestia formosa. 

https://bugguide.net/node/view/450463

Oh my gosh, those are gorgeous! I love their coloring. So Halloween-y ? If you succeed in breeding them, please let me know! I'd love to buy some if you decide to sell any.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chimera said:

Oh my gosh, those are gorgeous! I love their coloring. So Halloween-y ? If you succeed in breeding them, please let me know! I'd love to buy some if you decide to sell any.

I thought the exact same when I first saw them; I immediately took a screenshot and labeled it "CRAZY HARVESTMAN"! ?

Interestingly, I've actually seen people refer to them as the Halloween harvestman. lol

Well first I have to manage to get my hands on some, but then we can see. ?

13 hours ago, All About Arthropods said:

I thought the exact same when I first saw them; I immediately took a screenshot and labeled it "CRAZY HARVESTMAN"! ?

Interestingly, I've actually seen people refer to them as the Halloween harvestman. lol

Well first I have to manage to get my hands on some, but then we can see. ?

Heh, there are a surprising amount of completely unique-looking harvestmen. I'm surprised Opiliones don't get more attention.

Alright, I wish you the best of luck!

7 hours ago, Chimera said:

Heh, there are a surprising amount of completely unique-looking harvestmen. I'm surprised Opiliones don't get more attention.

Alright, I wish you the best of luck!

Very, very true; there are some that mimic mites, have bright colors, robust, spiky, or porous-looking bodies, and even Amblypygi-esque raptorial arms! I have a feeling that people just tend to ignore everything that isn't of much use as a cleaner or feeder and isn't huge and flashy unfortunately. I've always been interested in these less noticed inverts though and hope to bring many new types of them into culture such as pseudoscorpions, unique springtails, earwigs, darkling beetles, and harvestman as they're definitely worthy of their place in the hobby as well. :) 

Thank you!