Dying hisser. Is there anything else I can do?

Tigirl

So long story short...I was cleaning out my colony’s cage and one of my larger female hisser nymphs was laying on her back twitching her leg. I don’t know what happened. Either illness or something in the tank crushed her maybe? No damage to her exoskeleton though...

I feel so bad, and I don’t want to give up on her. I don’t know if i should wait it out. I’ve been keeping her warm and holding her for awhile, because although she can’t move, she still twitches her leg(s), one antennae, and her palps. I put a water swab near her mouth to keep her hydrated. 

What should I do? Any advice? Thanks. 

1CB40E03-D368-4B6A-B4C3-C92D8A6A6E8E.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

So sorry to hear that, occasionally individuals in a colony will just die off for no reason at all, just flukes. :( It's also possible she could have been poisoned by pesticides or bad food, but then that would have likely affected the rest of your hissers as well...

Whatever the cause of death was, it looks like you did all that you could, and I'm sorry for your loss, may she rest in peace. 

4 hours ago, Allpet Roaches said:

How long had she been an adult? Any reason to think she didn't die of old age?

In the OP she mentions it was a large female nymph, not and adult.