Jump to content

Wow! What roach is this? Very round, white edging, yellow stripes, wingless.


Recommended Posts

A Nyctiborinae species nymph, likely Nyctibora or Paratropes, but without rearing it to adulthood there's no way to be sure... Neither are being cultured in the hobby, and no one's ever gotten their oothecae to hatch... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Betta132 said:

Oh, that's too bad. The Paratropes roaches in particular are gorgeous. Imagine a bin where you flip over a piece of bark and there's 20 of those under it! LIke some kind of weird abstract painting.

Yeah, Paratropes are gorgeous, but they aren't the type of roach you'd find under bark... More like the type that'll fly out of the enclosure as soon as you open up the lid, they are aboreal after all! 😛

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Betta132 said:

Ah, well then the abstract painting can be on your face! It's the hot new makeup trend; live and unrestrained roaches. 

Sounds like the best makeup trend ever lol, Now if only we could figure out how to hatch their ooths... 😅

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2019 at 2:21 AM, Hisserdude said:

Yeah, Paratropes are gorgeous, but they aren't the type of roach you'd find under bark... More like the type that'll fly out of the enclosure as soon as you open up the lid, they are aboreal after all! 😛

Know of any easy to breed arboreal species?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Jimbobtom said:

Know of any easy to breed arboreal species?

Gyna adults could be considered aboreal, as could Panchlora adults... Pseudoglomeris magnifica are rather easy to breed and aboreal, but very expensive and can be slow growing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Hisserdude said:

Gyna adults could be considered aboreal, as could Panchlora adults... Pseudoglomeris magnifica are rather easy to breed and aboreal, but very expensive and can be slow growing.

I have gyna lurida, caffrorum, and centurio, along with panchlora(regular and apparently "giants" whatever species that is...). Pseudoglomeris magnifica look amazing! Are they hard to come by? Maybe one day try my hand at those. Or any other kinds of panchlora/gyna if there are any.

 

As always, thank you hisserdude

 

Sorry for hijacking OP!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Jimbobtom said:

I have gyna lurida, caffrorum, and centurio, along with panchlora(regular and apparently "giants" whatever species that is...). Pseudoglomeris magnifica look amazing! Are they hard to come by? Maybe one day try my hand at those. Or any other kinds of panchlora/gyna if there are any.

As always, thank you hisserdude

Sorry for hijacking OP!

Yeah, those will climb around on branches and stuff should you provide them with some. 

Pseudoglomeris magnifica are very expensive right now, and I only know of one vendor in the US who sells them, (@Bmaines96), but they are absolutely beautiful! And there are a few other Gyna species in captivity but they are very finicky, as well as a few other Panchlora species. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...