Bantua robusta "Namibia"

So there's been several more broods since last post, these guys are doing great! 😁 Here are some more adult pictures!

Male:

Bantua%252368.JPG

Bantua%252370.JPG

Female:

Bantua%252372.JPG

Bantua%252373.JPG

Bantua%252375.JPG

Bantua%252376.JPG

• 1 month later...

Nymphs are doing good, many from the recent wave of births are nearly half grown already! :D And I got some decent pictures of my biggest female next to two males, (and some other random adult pictures too). 

Bantua%252377.JPG

Bantua%252378.JPG

Bantua%252385.JPG

Bantua%252386.JPG

Bantua%252387.JPG

Bantua%252381.JPG

Bantua%252389.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
6 hours ago, Hydrophilus said:

What kind of setup do you have for them? What are their favorite foods? Glad you're having so much success!

I've got mine in a very well ventilated bin, with a thin layer of coconut fiber for the substrate, one third of the enclosure kept moist, the rest pretty dry. They like bark for hides, and females appreciate having rotten wood to bore into to make brooding chambers, though you can make artificial ones or just make sure there's some good bark piles in the humid area of the enclosure instead. They also like it pretty warm for breeding. 

Favorite foods would be bananas and artificial pollen, followed by apples and chick feed.

I have a full caresheet here.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, FlamingSwampert said:

Amazing. Will you be selling any of them? Just curious.

I have a group available, but the cold weather coupled with the severe holiday related delays the USPS is experiencing ATM makes this a poor time to ship sadly. 

8 hours ago, Hisserdude said:

I have a group available, but the cold weather coupled with the severe holiday related delays the USPS is experiencing ATM makes this a poor time to ship sadly. 

Yeah I figured. I'm happy to see this species in the US, considering how rare they are in the hobby rn.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, FlamingSwampert said:

Yeah I figured. I'm happy to see this species in the US, considering how rare they are in the hobby rn.

Yeah hopefully we'll be able to keep them established here, such nice little species! 😁

• Hisserdude changed the title to Bantua robusta "Namibia"