What would you find?

Hello all, so recently I was nosing about under some pots (like I usually do), and I found this:

:1135497566_IMG_0979(1).jpg.7a6d5c6a23c7514c3255ece505af78df.jpg 

1595157279_IMG_0983(1).jpg.cf35123f473c56bdc361eaf96be467a3.jpg

Apologies for the poor quality, it was completely dark when I took the photos and the camera didn't have enough time to focus once the flash went off.

Anyway, just your regular Blatta lateralis. Pretty, but not very exciting. But that got me thinking. What species would you most like to find under a pot/log/stone? Say you are on a trip to somewhere, you flip over a log and bam! What species would you like to see? For me it'd be Blaberus/Eublaberus sp., or possibly some cool Panchlora sp.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

• Like 1

In terms of species that I could find under things, I'd have to say either "Quadrihormetica" onorei, Melyroidea magnifica, or some Zuluia... :D

14 hours ago, Arthroverts said:

Hello all, so recently I was nosing about under some pots (like I usually do), and I found this:

:1135497566_IMG_0979(1).jpg.7a6d5c6a23c7514c3255ece505af78df.jpg 

1595157279_IMG_0983(1).jpg.cf35123f473c56bdc361eaf96be467a3.jpg

Apologies for the poor quality, it was completely dark when I took the photos and the camera didn't have enough time to focus once the flash went off.

Anyway, just your regular Blatta lateralis. Pretty, but not very exciting. But that got me thinking. What species would you most like to find under a pot/log/stone? Say you are on a trip to somewhere, you flip over a log and bam! What species would you like to see? For me it'd be Blaberus/Eublaberus sp., or possibly some cool Panchlora sp.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Probably some odd, large Corydiid or Eurycotis pluto. 🙂

• Like 1

On 12/26/2019 at 9:53 PM, Arthroverts said:

O.K, so what about not under things? What species would you want to find?

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Pilema sp. females and nymphs in their burrows, hands down, my most wanted invertebrate... 😍