Room temp roaches.

Guest TxRoach

Guest TxRoach

My question is pretty straightforward. Are there any good feeder roaches that can survive, and breed at room temp? It doesn't have to be extremely fast, I have one tarantula at the moment, but I'd like to expand my collection in the future. Currently I have mealworms going, but I'm afraid they wont be big enough in the future. 

54 minutes ago, Guest TxRoach said:

My question is pretty straightforward. Are there any good feeder roaches that can survive, and breed at room temp? It doesn't have to be extremely fast, I have one tarantula at the moment, but I'd like to expand my collection in the future. Currently I have mealworms going, but I'm afraid they wont be big enough in the future. 

My first colony of Blaberus giganteus bred fine at 72-75-degrees Fahrenheit. I do not have experience with other blaberids, but it might be worth looking into some of the smaller members of that genus, although B. giganteus is also fine as a feeder. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, whowadat said:

Orangeheads…..I have huge colonies that have never had supplemental heat. They actually generate their own heat.....

orangeheads.jpg

I have never seen such high densities of roaches! 

23 hours ago, whowadat said:

Orangeheads…..I have huge colonies that have never had supplemental heat. They actually generate their own heat.....

orangeheads.jpg

That is incredible! And to think I'm down to three specimens...do you sell 🤣?

Just kidding, I'm running low on invertebrate cash right now with a bunch of other projects going on...

Thanks,

Arthroverts

16 minutes ago, Arthroverts said:

Just kidding, I'm running low on invertebrate cash right now with a bunch of other projects going on...

Thanks,

Arthroverts

What about trades? :) 

2 minutes ago, The Mantis Menagerie said:

What about trades? :) 

Well, shipping prices went up where I am (though I need to check with the actual post office and not just the local private mailing center), and I already have done quite a few trades recently, so I need to conserve what funds I have.

Now that you brought it up however, why do you ask?

Thanks,

Arthroverts

2 hours ago, Arthroverts said:

Well, shipping prices went up where I am (though I need to check with the actual post office and not just the local private mailing center), and I already have done quite a few trades recently, so I need to conserve what funds I have.

Now that you brought it up however, why do you ask?

Thanks,

Arthroverts

I have seen some cool pictures on your website. :) 

56 minutes ago, Arthroverts said:

Thank you! Hopefully gonna get some more roach photos in soon with the April post.

Are you alluding to something else however...?

Thanks,

Arthroverts

I was not alluding to anything in particular, but you have many amazing species. I do not know what you would be willing to trade, though, so I am not going to start asking about every species. Do you have a trade list somewhere of species you would like to trade?

• 1 month later...
On 4/22/2020 at 4:59 PM, Arthroverts said:

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Yes we do….nymphs up to fresh adults....can I link to my website ? (not sure if its against the rules)

• 2 years later...

I've started some roach colonies and eventually will have some to trade.  I'm considering acquiring the lobster and the pepper roach.