Experience with Petco hissers? Sick / dehydrated

Today I went to Petco with my gf to pick up some supplies for our new adopted rats, and I happened to go through the reptile section / see the feeders, and I “saved” (stole) the only living hisser in the whole aisle. I just wanted to ask if there’s any health issues I should expect coming from Petco’s stock, and communicable diseases, or other concerns I should have before I introduce her to my colony. I use dubias as feeders for my leopard gecko, and I don’t want them to catch anything from this new roach, as I’ll eventually be housing them together as long as I can see that she’s not being aggressive.

According to the packaging, my new roach has been without food or water since February 13th, and today is April 4th. She was extremely thirsty, and her “buddy” appeared to have been dead for a long time. I’ve done my fair share of taxidermy before, he looked like he had been dead for over a month. I’m worried I’m in over my head, and that she’s gonna be beyond saving. I’ve scoured this forum for information, but I would still greatly appreciate any tips you can offer! 

(I will try and post some pics soon)

Just know that it's almost certainly a Gromphadorhina hybrid, and definitely starving and dehydrated, all those pre-packaged hissers are... With some babying, if it isn't too far gone it should recover nicely, and probably won't harm your dubias. Shouldn't have any diseases or parasites being a CB individual, just dehydration and malnutrition... 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hisserdude said:

Just know that it's almost certainly a Gromphadorhina hybrid, and definitely starving and dehydrated, all those pre-packaged hissers are... With some babying, if it isn't too far gone it should recover nicely, and probably won't harm your dubias. Shouldn't have any diseases or parasites being a CB individual, just dehydration and malnutrition... 

Thank you for the help! 

She is extremely dehydrated and looks quite a bit different than my other hisser, so you’re absolutely right, I think she’s a hybrid of some sort. We’ll see how this goes :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Shon2 said:

Thank you for the help! 

She is extremely dehydrated and looks quite a bit different than my other hisser, so you’re absolutely right, I think she’s a hybrid of some sort. We’ll see how this goes :)

No problem, hope you're able to rehydrate her and get her healthy again, good luck! :)

• Like 1