Deropeltis paulinoi care

I keep my nymphs a bit more moist with good ventilation. Not a lot of moisture, but a moderate spray once a week does the job for me at least. Depends on your climate. They'll do ok at room temps as nymphs, but heat in the high 70's to 80's seems to boost their growth of course. 

Some people have success keeping them drier as well with just a wet corner of moss. Also their ootheca need a fair amount of humidity to hatch i believe, but i could be wrong. I had a few ooths dry out on me when I kept them a bit hotter and with the wet corner only as adults. I'm sure this isn't a definite way to keep them, but it worked with me through the 1st generation and doing well with the 2nd. 

• Like 1

Roachcrossing's recommendation of "dry substrate, high air humidity" makes little sense and is why I lost my sp. "Jinka" culture... Just keep them with a horizontal humidity gradient, one half of the enclosure dry, the other half humid, that's what most people successful with Deropeltis seem to do. D.paulinoi seem to be more moisture loving than other Deropeltis species. They do appreciate good airflow, and Deropeltis do not burrow, so vertical bark slabs or eggflats work best for them.

Agree with TJ, they seem to appreciate more moisture for sure. Yeah i keep mine with some vertical pieces of cork bark mainly. They tend to congregate together as nymphs, so they don't need tons of room, but if you want to give them a bit bigger enclosure they should be fine as long as they have easy access to food/moisture.

Mine mainly eat apple/fish flake, but that's just my regular roach diets. They develop well with good heat/protein. Not the fastest growing species, but they have fairly steady growth. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2020 at 6:50 PM, RFoster25 said:

I'm looking for Deropeltis paulinoi and
Elliptorhina davidi. Anyone who someone with these. 

I have both. Plenty of Deropeltis now, but I'm not parting with my E. davidi until I have a stable colony, which will likely be late spring. PM me for more info.