Are Freeze-Dried insects as good as live feed?

So as it gets colder out my Crickets seem to die faster, so whatever looks fresh enough I throw to my Bearded-Dragon while I'm feeding. But what sparked my curiosity is that he just eats them up. So my question is, if he's eating them dead anyway, should I buy the freeze-dried mixed insects? Would that give him more nutrition because there's more variety or are they less healthy because their dead? Thanks everyone!

I wouldn't recommend feeding freeze dried at all, honestly. Sure, there's a larger variety of insects available, but the process removes so much moisture and nutrition that it undermines any benefits that variety might have provided. In addition, you won't get to gut load the insect first. I've also heard that it increases the risk of impaction since it's dehydrated.

Are you feeding him any other insects? If not, are you open to trying other feeders? Feeder crickets are devil's spawn, if you ask me. They stink, are messy, have a short lifespan, and always seem to get everywhere. Roaches and soft grubs like silkworms, calciworms, and bsfl are much healthier for them. How cold does it get for you? Bsfl are pretty tolerant to the cold, if I remember correctly, and eat up everything, making them great for gut loading.