Best heat mat for roaches

Personally, I just use a small (5 or 10 watt) UTH stuck to the back side of my roach bin. It boosts the ambient temperature in the bin enough to get production going, but also gives them a warm area they can get closer to or farther away from. I also have a bunch of ventilation holes drilled in the lid to allow excess heat to escape.

63269029796__FD8A70BC-305E-45B8-86DD-97E67A5FF56D.jpeg

On 1/19/2021 at 1:53 PM, RosenKrieger said:

Personally, I just use a small (5 or 10 watt) UTH stuck to the back side of my roach bin. It boosts the ambient temperature in the bin enough to get production going, but also gives them a warm area they can get closer to or farther away from. I also have a bunch of ventilation holes drilled in the lid to allow excess heat to escape.

Cool! I use an UTH on the side as well, I was just checking to make sure that that was still the best option. I use a thermometer/hydrometer setup with air holes to regulate the temp, but I was wondering if people use reptile thermostats with their roaches. 

Nice setup!

I'm sure you can use them if you wanted. I'm not shooting for any specific temp, so I just used a low power UTH to bump the temp up a few degrees and checked on it fairly often the first few days. It never got too hot, but lats are pretty forgiving of temp spikes if there had been any.

• 2 months later...

I personally use a 12 watt U.T.H.  heater meant for 10-20 gallon terrariums that i placed on the back side center of my 20 gallon terrarium. I also throw over one or two blankets over the whole terrarium when it gets cold, especially at night. As for a thermostat, they say to place those in the coolest area in your terrarium. Hope that helps at all.🙂