Hello From Arizona

LittleBandi

Hi there I'm Bandi, long time invert lover and keeper from Southern Arizona. 
I was never really fond or roaches, more of a phobia actually, until I was given a starter colony of Gromphadorhina portentosa. I'm now hooked. I ended up also rescuing a group of Dubia nymphs that were in a pre packaged, sealed container at a big box store. 
I use their offspring as feeders for my 2 tarantula slings. 
I also now have a large group of 
Pycnoscelus nigra, and have one adult female Arenivaga genitalis that I'm going to be getting a male for in the summer when they come out to my lights. (crossing fingers that I can get a group started.)
I also keep a number of Isopods and true spiders. 

I plan on keeping more species of roaches, and I hope to be acquiring a starter of Archimandrita tesselata with in the next week.
I'm hoping to get some care tips for my female Arenivaga genitalis. That was what actually brought me here was an older post from 2016/ 2017 about this species. 
Thank you for letting me join. I hope to learn a lot. 

• Like 1

On 2/25/2021 at 9:54 PM, LittleBandi said:

Hi there I'm Bandi, long time invert lover and keeper from Southern Arizona. 
I was never really fond or roaches, more of a phobia actually, until I was given a starter colony of Gromphadorhina portentosa. I'm now hooked. I ended up also rescuing a group of Dubia nymphs that were in a pre packaged, sealed container at a big box store. 
I use their offspring as feeders for my 2 tarantula slings. 
I also now have a large group of 
Pycnoscelus nigra, and have one adult female Arenivaga genitalis that I'm going to be getting a male for in the summer when they come out to my lights. (crossing fingers that I can get a group started.)
I also keep a number of Isopods and true spiders. 

I plan on keeping more species of roaches, and I hope to be acquiring a starter of Archimandrita tesselata with in the next week.
I'm hoping to get some care tips for my female Arenivaga genitalis. That was what actually brought me here was an older post from 2016/ 2017 about this species. 
Thank you for letting me join. I hope to learn a lot. 

Glad to have you! @Hisserdude made a great care sheet on Arenivaga, with some specifics on A.genitalis, if you'd like to give it a read. 🙂

Invertebrate Dude Caresheets: Arenivaga spp. (idcaresheets.blogspot.com)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2021 at 1:53 PM, All About Arthropods said:

Glad to have you! @Hisserdude made a great care sheet on Arenivaga, with some specifics on A.genitalis, if you'd like to give it a read. 🙂

Invertebrate Dude Caresheets: Arenivaga spp. (idcaresheets.blogspot.com)

Thank you so much for the site!  This will help a lot. Now to find out how to sex my Peppered roaches....I just got in 4 of them and with my bad eyes I cant tell who's girl or boy lol.

4 hours ago, LittleBandi said:

Thank you so much for the site!  This will help a lot. Now to find out how to sex my Peppered roaches....I just got in 4 of them and with my bad eyes I cant tell who's girl or boy lol.

No problem, glad to help! How small are the peppered roaches? It can be difficult to tell when they're very young, but after a couple molts, the last abdominal segments should become distinct. On the females, the last segment will be about 2-3 larger than on the males.

• 5 weeks later...

@LittleBandiI just wanted to drop in and say it's awesome you rescued some of the dubias at a pet store! I did that once as well and they grew up nice and healthy. I always feel bad for the little guys as they usually look really hungry and dehydrated at big box pet stores.