Need help keeping baby hissers alive!

Hi! Ever since my hissers bred, I've had the worst time raising insects ever. And to make things worse, I have another litter on it's way(I'll be seperating the female once she gives birth).

I had around 20, but their numbers just kept dropping within a month now. Often dying without a cause, I find them on their backs convulsing. The only times that had a cause was when I shut the cage top down and didn't see the roach in the way(poor guy!). And one just 2 days ago, which I think he was stuck behind the water cap for too long. I have 8 now, which have been thriving well and growing. I have 2 small critter cages I keep 4 each. The cages are  about 3.5 inches wide, 6 inches long, and 6 inches height. Pretty small, but big enough for how tiny they are right now, and are the only cages that have ventilation holes  too small for them to escape, not to mention easier for me to observe.

Diet: They are very picky. Because these small cages cause mold growth very quickly, instead of fresh fruit I'm giving them a roach jelly that's made with real bananas. They seem to like it, although it's a rare sight to catch them eating. I provide both hydration gels and water.

Substrate is coconut soil.

Because these small cages collect humidity very well, I only sprayed them down once a week. I don't have a heater for them, so I've recently been putting the cages *near* the heater on my beetle tank(I don't want them to get too warm) and they love it. I always rotate the cages near the heater. One at night and one at day. Maybe this is what they needed to help.

They are half Madagascar Hisser half Halloween hisser. The next litter is going to be half Halloween Hisser half Black Tiger Hisser(we caught their butts stuck).

Although we knew this could possibly happen, this was not intentional. We had no room just to keep our female Halloween Hisser seperate from our other roach collection, although we really have no choice now. We were really excited about the babies, but now I'm just exhausted.

Anything else I can do to help them thrive and keep them alive?

Thanks!