The female Elliptorhina davidi gave birth!

One of the females of Elliptorhina davidi gave birth to about two dozen nymphs. This is very wonderful, but of course there are well-founded fears for them, as well as for the whole group as a whole. We can only wait and hope :)

My conditions are standard for all Gromphadorhini: humidity is minimal, like in the desert, a wick drinker is installed, the substrate is wheat bran, shelters are egg trays, food is apples, carrots and gammarus. In such conditions, I reproduce well - Aeluropoda insignis, Elliptorhina chopardi, E. cf. coquereliana, E. javanica, E. laevigata, Gromphadorhina oblongonota, G. portentosa, G. portentosa ‘Black’, Gromphadorhina sp., Princisia vanwaerebeki, P. vanwaerebeki ‘Big’, P. vanwaerebeki ‘Black & White’.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Hisserdude said:

Насколько тепло вы их держите, просто любопытно? Моя самка отказывается рожать, а прошло уже много месяцев.

In my laboratory it is 25-27 ° C during the day, and at night it drops to 22 ° C. In general, of course, the most favorable daytime temperature for all crops in general is from 30-35 C °, but I do not use heating devices due to energy savings.

A friend was in the south-west of Madagascar and said that the temperature there is monstrous, the heat is unbearable, and the humidity in the area of these very thorny woodlands is practically zero, that is, it is actually a very dry desert. Where cockroaches sit, it is also dry, but at least cooler by 2-5 C °. There is no available water or food containing moisture, except for the leaves and stems of succulents.

• Like 2