Matt K

Matt's Roach Cultures

I've collected some different species.... including 2 of San Diego's giant isopod...... have one that's 1 and a half inches long! Hoping they breed......

wow if the giants do breed i'm defiantly going to want some, I've only found 2 distinctive species around me.

Yeah, hoping on adding this species to the hobby.......

I found them when I pulled my car over to use the restrooms, I find a overturned log with 4 or 5 of them.... I only got the two :(

WHY can I not read any of this thread? All I see is the original post....

Matt, no idea, I can read it just fine from my iPhone. As for the topic at hand, I don't think I could handle more than 50-60 species at one time, at least until I get a normal full time job and knock off this three part time job crap. I have 14 roach species, 3 scorpion species, a tailless whipspider, and a vinegaroon. I look at them many times throughout the day but I really only bother adding food, misting, and giving water gel every 3-6 days depending on how busy I am. I'm going to be feeding today and it's been 4 days since the last time I have. I basically look at the water gel as an indicator for feeding schedules. Once it dries up in my room humidity tanks I feel it's a good time to do maintenance on all of them.

I meant to add before that I have since reduced my collection down to a reasonable level= 35 roach cultures, 20 Tarantula (though two have sacs incubating), 4 assorted bugs, whipspiders, superworms, around 50 geckos and lizards, a dozen snakes, 3 chickens, 2 cats, and partridge in a pear tree..... back to work!

I meant to add before that I have since reduced my collection down to a reasonable level= 35 roach cultures, 20 Tarantula (though two have sacs incubating), 4 assorted bugs, whipspiders, superworms, around 50 geckos and lizards, a dozen snakes, 3 chickens, 2 cats, and partridge in a pear tree..... back to work!

lol

If I see one that big, it will eat my roaches! :lol:

No, I think it would keep them like cows and "milk them" (for their poop)