Unknown Blaberus Sp. on RoachCrossing

Hi,

I remember a species of Blaberus being available on roachcrossing.com that is no longer listed on the site. I don't known if Kyle himself is on the forum, but perhaps even someone with a good memory (or advanced species knowledge) can determine what it was.

The species in question was a tan-brown color with the standard Blaberus head stamp, but the photo was a bit dark. It didn't grow super large, and it's temperature requirements were lower than the other species (I believe they started at 68 degrees F). I think it was named after a South American country, but I'm unsure. I definitely remember the description mentioning the species living around drainage areas.

Thanks!

Blaberus cf. chacoensis "Pantanal" probably. Sadly all but lost from US culture, only one person still has a small handful of individuals left in the US, which may or may not reproduce.

He's also removed Blaberus sp. "Venezuela" from his site, weird.

3 hours ago, Hisserdude said:

Blaberus cf. chacoensis "Pantanal" probably. Sadly all but lost from US culture, only one person still has a small handful of individuals left in the US, which may or may not reproduce.

He's also removed Blaberus sp. "Venezuela" from his site, weird.

Bingo! I have no idea how you found it... that's really sad news 😭. Who has the last culture?

Before you mentioned that, I didn't even notice the disappearance of Blaberus sp. "Venezuela"!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, FlamingSwampert said:

Bingo! I have no idea how you found it... that's really sad news 😭. Who has the last culture?

Brandon Maines, unfortunately the adults he received were rather old, so he's not sure if they'll breed or not. But a couple look plump and gravid, so fingers crossed!