Feeding time with my own Roach chow

Silverback

80 litre tub mate I have a raised wire floor egg trays with cardboard in-between and on top of the egg trays and a full size Voile top I have 3 Dubia Colonies in the same 80 litre tubs I could have used a bigger tub 150 litre or something but I'd rather have several smaller colonies then one big one

Three feeding tubs dry food - fruit/veg - water crystals 

SB 

Ah, okay. It looked like a shroom bin/greenhouse to me. Looks like they're really living it up in there! I appreciate how much detail you went into.

What are the pros and cons of smaller colonies? Or is there only the danger of a colony collapse?

IMG_20220910_220110_copy_288x203.jpg.87494eafcc5ee95560d988d3f48d0ce4.jpgIMG_20220910_220241_copy_288x186.jpg.03abe6713ba7341506f43c32b2b1cb00.jpg

I don't usually put dubia in what I call my posh tubs (gasket multiple latches) but I wanted to Rehouse and they were all I had at the time and I'm a bit OCD and i like my stuff to match so they all went into them that pic was taken before I put the Voile screen on the top it would be a better bin for climbers really but with my own barrier it doesn't really matter to me tbh tho I usually just use a standard cheap 80 litre for like £8/£10 for all my Roaches 

I prefer several smaller to one bigger colony mainly for ease of maintainance and I've never lost a colony or had a crash but that would be a consideration too tho it's just much easier to deal with an 80 litre tub (especially if your using substrate) I've tried bigger tubs in the past but just didn't like them 

And I believe if somebody bothers to ask you a question you should answer it the best you can as I feel it helps especially beginners as I remember when I started there were always little things I wasn't sure about hence my sometimes long winded answers 

SB 

• Thanks 1

Posh they certainly are! And you've got a whole buffet laid out for them!

Thanks for taking the time out to explain it. The way people treat each other on a certain other bug forum is atrocious, my short time on this one has been a far better experience. 😅

All my Roaches always have my own dry food (I've also made a gel version of it) and fruit/veg (alternate different types) all the time and I often use water gel as well 

Courtesy costs nothing and if someone asks a polite question they deserve a full polite answer and I'm always happy to help or what's the point coming onto the board surely it's to help new people especially and to share your experience knowledge and information with fellow enthusiasts 

SB 

Do you have a recipe for your bug chow and for your insect barrier?