Old Roaches

Keith

Has anyone who kept roaches as pets had one live exceptionally long? I've got either Blaberus Fusca or Craniifer females, whom never mated in their entire lifetime, and they are 2 years old and still going. In the book it says they usually live for about 6-8 months after maturing.

Incase anyone wants to know how a roach acts when it gets really old, they become very slow,color fades, are unable to climb good (if they are a climbing species), and when they walk they sometimes loose their footing. But appetite is still strong!

My oldest ones are several months.....fusca hybrids anyway....and I do notice the slowing, and generally lethargic way they move. I also noted that most of them seem to get attacked by younger roaches, and many are missing sections of legs, and ends of wings, they live fine after the attacks, it just makes it harder for them to get around.

My oldest ones are several months.....fusca hybrids anyway....and I do notice the slowing, and generally lethargic way they move. I also noted that most of them seem to get attacked by younger roaches, and many are missing sections of legs, and ends of wings, they live fine after the attacks, it just makes it harder for them to get around.

I have a female discoid who must be at least 2. *I got her as an extra in a trade*

She's doing fine and may even be carrying babies! :D

One of mine from the start had a genetic defect, it had a severe limp as a young nymph, probably was attacked and recovered molt by molt. Anyway, as an adult it still had a bad limp and couldnt climb, so it layed on the ground or burrowed under ths substrate. It's still alive, but being it doesnt move very fast I can actually feed it with a toothpick, it will slurp up mushed banana right off it. It's the perfect roach because it doesnt jump,fly, or run away.