Possible mold on moss

I have 2 flat hissers (pets) in a tub. Heat mat constantly 80-84 F, humidity at 80-84% but today I noticed white filament/ hairs growing in the moss i use to keep humidity up. Should i get springtails? Remove the moss? Up the airflow? What are your thoughts? Thank you guys.

You mentioned maybe upping airflow. How is ventilation set up now?

It's warmer than I keep mine. I have mine 70-76 right now and up to 82 in the summer. I can't comment on humidity % cause I don't have a way to measure humidity, but it seems like I've read posts encouraging hissers kept not overly humid.

1 hour ago, Bhjjr said:

You mentioned maybe upping airflow. How is ventilation set up now?

It's warmer than I keep mine. I have mine 70-76 right now and up to 82 in the summer. I can't comment on humidity % cause I don't have a way to measure humidity, but it seems like I've read posts encouraging hissers kept not overly humid.

Right now its just quarter inch holes i made with a dremel at the top and sides of tub. Only reason why i decided to keep it that humid is cause i looked up avg humidity in Madagascar and it was in the 80’s lol but i could def get away with less than 80 for sure, especially if i can prevent mold. I just want the ideal parameters for growth and breeding.  I will also make a cut out of the lid and hot glue screen mesh to up airflow as well as springtails for any mold control. 

• Like 1