Cockroach species present on San Salvador

I have an opportunity to go to San Salvador in the Bahamas in 4 months. While I am there I will be doing a research project…hopefully on ‘roaches. My question is this; does anybody know what species of roach are found in the Caribbean or on the island. My guesses are Panchlora nivea, Blaberus craniifer, Nauphoeta cinerea, and some of the pests most likely. I’m just trying to get a list together of potential roaches so I can choose what project I can do, make a proposal, and what kind of "stuff" I need to do when I get there. ANY information is greatly appreciated, because I can’t find any! Thank you for any info in advance.

As for a project... Not quite sure.

As for species, you'll probably find quite a few that aren't in culture. :)

I am hoping to look at diversity across the surrounding keys. I still need to figure out what are the possible species that are down there though. As far as I can tell it's the first study on San Salvador as far as 'roach diversity. I can't find any information! At the very least it get's me out of cold Utah to sit on the beach and break out my dive gear. "Marine Blattodea on San Salvador", Price et al... I can see it now :rolleyes:

I am hoping to look at diversity across the surrounding keys. I still need to figure out what are the possible species that are down there though. As far as I can tell it's the first study on San Salvador as far as 'roach diversity. I can't find any information! At the very least it get's me out of cold Utah to sit on the beach and break out my dive gear. "Marine Blattodea on San Salvador", Price et al... I can see it now :rolleyes:

lol

Well, the only specific thing I know of from the keys areas are a different form of E. floridana where the adults retain nymph coloration.

I remember reading about that somewhere. That would be a pretty interesting (maybe with enough data collection I could find out WHY).

lol

Well, the only specific thing I know of from the keys areas are a different form of E. floridana where the adults retain nymph coloration.