Eublaberus sp. Pantanel

OBJ

On Saturday Exotic Insects here in Denmark held our autumn exhibition.

In this connection I got some 60 Eublaberus sp. Pantanel from Pantanal area in the state of Mato Grosso in Brazil, alledgedly. :rolleyes:

What is known about this species?

They have been put in a light moist pet moss substrate with some cork bark on the sides of the aquarium (~10 gallons).

They were extremely busy last night chasing and mating (luckily=healthy sign) more or less like it is seen by distanti.

So far some fruit, dry dog pellets and fish flakes have been 'accepted'.

The males might be old or they look like the wings have been bit, but not like posticus.

Have you any experiences with these??

In an earlier thread the sp. White were discussed. They must be two quite different species, or?

BR/

Ole

On Saturday Exotic Insects here in Denmark held our autumn exhibition.

In this connection I got some 60 Eublaberus sp. Pantanel from Pantanal area in the state of Mato Grosso in Brazil, alledgedly. :rolleyes:

What is known about this species?

They have been put in a light moist pet moss substrate with some cork bark on the sides of the aquarium (~10 gallons).

They were extremely busy last night chasing and mating (luckily=healthy sign) more or less like it is seen by distanti.

So far some fruit, dry dog pellets and fish flakes have been 'accepted'.

The males might be old or they look like the wings have been bit, but not like posticus.

Have you any experiences with these??

In an earlier thread the sp. White were discussed. They must be two quite different species, or?

BR/

Ole

I am attempting to acquire the correct apparatus to photograph not only the roaches but the genitalia as well. Do you have photos of your specimens to post ??

I am attempting to acquire the correct apparatus to photograph not only the roaches but the genitalia as well. Do you have photos of your specimens to post ??
Not yet, but I will get time this weekend.

I was planning also to make comparative photos with the two other Eublaberus species here.

Oops - Are the rules of the forum to move the photos to the 'Photo-subforum' or can they be put here?

I hope you were not suggesting to have me dissecting one of the males..... :rolleyes:

Nikon is not known to be fast in such a small market as here, but they have been ordered to deliver some accessories that makes the lenses combine differently so that a close-up can fill the CCD with only a 10 mm (0.4") wide motive. It is for the old trick of putting the lenses front against front getting the light in the opposite way through the outmost lense. Nikon 'only' had a week now... :angry:

Have you tried the trick - it actually works quite well - or are you using bellows?

BR/

Ole