food? help!

desana

hi, i have cat biscuits and muisli in with my roaches its not ground up just in short dishes and they just dont seem interested at all temps are around 85f. can anyone help please these are b.lateralis thanks. (could anyone advise me on what the best food and temps are for these to breed pls).

hi, i have cat biscuits and muisli in with my roaches its not ground up just in short dishes and they just dont seem interested at all temps are around 85f. can anyone help please these are b.lateralis thanks. (could anyone advise me on what the best food and temps are for these to breed pls).

They should eat just about anything, but you might try some fruit, like oranges, apples. How many are in your bin. I've got a colony of about two hundred and they don't seem to eat much at all. I think this species has a relatively small appetite. I just use dog kibble and after a few days, a few of the pieces look just a little smaller. If I put a piece of orange in there, it looks barely touched and I have to remove it after a day or two so it doesn't mold. Their egg flats are covered with little specs of poo, so I know they are eating something.

I have who knows how many, a thousand or so if I had to guess. I dont feed them regularly, but when I do they will devour amazing amounts of food (half a cantelope) overnight. Maybe you might take the food away for a few days, then re-introduce it. My rule is feed any roach whatever the bin will eat in a 24 hour period completely with no leftovers once every 4 to 7 days. Similarly, dump water on them once a week, sometimes twice, with a few sp. getting misted occasionally.

I offer carrots, ground up dry dog food and banana about once a week, they don't eat as much as some other species.

As other people have said, fruit (oranges and grapes work for me) is really good for inducing them to eat.