Blatta lateralis Babies

Woo hoo! Finally got my first babies today. I got about 200 of them as sub-adults almost two months ago and I was starting to think something was wrong. There are only a few babies, but they are there. Man, those things are tiny. They make a pinhead cricket look big. I realize B. lats are no big deal, but I'm thrilled about it!

Woo hoo! Finally got my first babies today. I got about 200 of them as sub-adults almost two months ago and I was starting to think something was wrong. There are only a few babies, but they are there. Man, those things are tiny. They make a pinhead cricket look big. I realize B. lats are no big deal, but I'm thrilled about it!

Even though they are a pretty common feeder and most people look at them as fairly lackluster, I do enjoy my little colony for more reasons than just feeding my Ts. They are kind of fun to watch, the way they steal a piece of food and then try to stab at other ‘roaches coming to get it with their hind legs’ tibial spines is interesting. But, they are also my fav feeder.

Even though they're "kinda pests," they're one of those species that

1. Is a must-have for roach enthusiasts.

2. Is quite handy to have around.

Good to hear those ones are producing for you; There will be many more where those came from in no time. lol