Virtual Roach

Psydeus565

I probably should have put more into my "Introduce Yourself" post, but here it is. I do a good amount of amateur 3D work in Second Life and I figured it might be time to do a decent hisser. This is just the little bit I've done today, I may end up doing more tonight. The model, when done, will be uploaded into Second Life and then textured appropriately and given some basic animations. Right now I would like some input, I recognize that without an actual roach in my hands that my rendering is limited. Also, guess the species, that at least lets me know I'm halfway on the right track. :rolleyes: I'll make some updates as I get done, right now it's headless and legless. Thanks!

th_hisserrender.jpg

Wow! That's really cool! I myself am proficient in Microsoft Paint.

Can't wait to see it finished!

One last thing: Get some real hissers! ;)

They're on their way, some tiger hissers should arrive around Friday! I've got to remind myself to get a spray bottle sometime this week to help with the humidity. And I'll have at least a couple pictures to share. :D

Adult hissers are tolerant of any humidity you want. As for the species... don't have a clue. The thin horns puzzle me.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I've got the basics hashed out now and it's in-world. I've got to make some adjustments to my animations as they were borrowed from some hymenopterans I had made. Sorry if some of the details are missing or otherwise altered, I usually take my artistic liberties and stuff them into places (like the leg spines). I'll probably do a video sometime in the future with the other invertebrates I have, once I've got the thing ready to go. Here's the pictures. Enjoy!

virtualhisser2.jpg

virtualhisser.jpg

... So IS it A. insignis? lol

Yep, yep! I've not had time to get to the animations this week, so more time until a video. After this first one, I may morph it to match the other hissing cockroach varieties.

I re-did the textures on these and manipulated the pieces a little to be able to get portentosa and grandidieri-like morphs. I've got this project finished, if anyone here is on Second Life, please send me (Ryan Snook) a message and I'd be happy to share some with you.

th_hissers_002.jpg

th_hissers_001.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...