G. oblongonata gestation

How long does it take for them to have babies at a day temp of 80 and a night temp of about 70? I've had adults for 6 months and I haven't seen any babies. ):

6 months !?!? I would have given them 60-120 days (if they were adults). Less after they get comfortable. You sure they are all mature, both sexes, etc. ? Maybe they are over-maintained? That or bump up the temp 5 degrees or so and see if that means anything to them.

??

6 months !?!? I would have given them 60-120 days (if they were adults). Less after they get comfortable. You sure they are all mature, both sexes, etc. ? Maybe they are over-maintained? That or bump up the temp 5 degrees or so and see if that means anything to them.

??

They're in a 16 quart sterilite bin with 2 inches of coconut coir mixed with cypress mulch with some logs and wood hides; up until a month ago they were in the same setup with only cypress mulch on the bottom and only egg crates and things were a little bit drier.

They're in a 16 quart sterilite bin with 2 inches of coconut coir mixed with cypress mulch with some logs and wood hides; up until a month ago they were in the same setup with only cypress mulch on the bottom and only egg crates and things were a little bit drier.

So they were in a setup exactly like what I have only smaller it sounds like, and now they are in something different. Hmm... remember things can look dry and still be humid... How lone were they in the other setup befoer you changed it?

So they were in a setup exactly like what I have only smaller it sounds like, and now they are in something different. Hmm... remember things can look dry and still be humid... How lone were they in the other setup befoer you changed it?
5 months.

Also, I only have one male (he's massive) one equally massive female, and two slightly smaller females. I'm 100% sure they're all adults.

Wouldn't hurt to try the aphrodisiac oranges too.

Or some Barry White, oysters, and candles....

They should be reproducing... maybe Orin can answer this question. He is the one I would ask about it.....

5 month is a long time.

However, I have noticed that if I change the complete layer of frass in the old bin with a new, fresh mixture, then the culture will start up slowly and if I look carefully fever nympth survive in the first time till it gets going again.

My theory is that the nympth are eating the feces (think it is called coprophagia) to get started in their gut and then be efficient on all the different food that we all experiment with...

So unless the culture is full of buffalo worms or similar, I have been adding at least 1/4 of the old material to the new.

Have you similar observations or it could be more species-related with individual behaviour?

BR/

Ole