Jumping Spiders

Ralph

Anyone who keeps Phidippus sp., please enlighten me as to if this is normal behavior.

My pair of Phidippus audax spend a good amount of time hanging, sticking, wedging, or otherwise adding the corpses of prey items to various places in their container. B) Their favorite things to do seem to be incorporating them into their tunnel walls, or using large mats of silk and plastering them to the walls. I also have a Platycryptus male who delights in tearing his prey in half as he eats, and moving severed fly heads around the bottom of the cup. :blink:

Anyone who keeps Phidippus sp., please enlighten me as to if this is normal behavior.

My pair of Phidippus audax spend a good amount of time hanging, sticking, wedging, or otherwise adding the corpses of prey items to various places in their container. B) Their favorite things to do seem to be incorporating them into their tunnel walls, or using large mats of silk and plastering them to the walls. I also have a Platycryptus male who delights in tearing his prey in half as he eats, and moving severed fly heads around the bottom of the cup. :blink:

Don't know nothin' about this, but that seems cool!

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously? I can't keep mine on my hand for 30 seconds! The female decided she'd eat the male today. I think/hope she's mated!

Back to my original topic, it even seems like they adjust/move the "decorations" from time to time.