Hello From Malaysia

Laticauda

Hi all I am Tanis From Malaysia,

A Newbie in this forum, Everyone call me Tanis. And I am glad to find this forum From after Googling for 2 Days and reading about Hissing. coz i am been raising roaches by myself and didn't know the existent of this forum for 2 years, and I am happy to know there are many ppl around the world has the same hobby as me raising and breeding roaches. I been reading this forum for the past 1 week and finally decided to register myself here.

I started up this Hobby actually from buying Dubia to breed them for Feeders. But I ended up Liking them a lots. Now Feels more like my own pet then feeders and it begin to get addictive. Well currently i am only raising 2 type of roaches, 1000 Head Dubia Mix Sizes currently in my Colony and this will be used to be feeder to my T's and Scorpion and gecko in the near future. Newly Added to my Collection is the Hisser Where There 50 Over Adults and 40 Juv and Few Hundred Nymps now and there are Strictly as My Pets.

There are few reason why I Joining this Community :

1) Firstly to Learn and understand more about roaches from here.

2) Get to know more people around the world that has the same hobbies.

3) To get help to increase on the roaches that is my Wish List. One my Recent one Giant Cave Roaches.

Can anyone help or Advise me on how to keep and breed and as well as getting The Giant Cave Roach?

Thank you in Advance.

Beside Roaches I also keep a list of the Pets Below :

Beetles :

1) Atlas Beetle

2) Red Stag Beetle

3) Dockers

Gecko & Lizard:

1) Tokay Gecko

2) Leopard Gecko

3) Green Eye Gecko

4) Doria Anglehead (Abbott Lizard)

Snake :

1) Red-Tail Racer

2) Red Mountain Racer

3) Whip Snake

4) Paradise Tree Snake

5) Wagler Pit Viper

6) Pope Viper

7) Copperhead Racer

8) Elegent and Cohn's Bronze Back

Scorpion & Tarantula :

1) Death Stalker

2) Asian Forest Scorpion

3) Fat-Tail Scorpion

4) Rose Hair T

5) Mexican Red Knee

Well that is the reason why I started to keep Roaches.

From,

Tanis.

Welcome! Very nice collection you have there, and you have all those native Malaysian bugs right in your backyard.

What kind of insect are "Dockers"? I'm not familiar with that common name.

Welcome! Very nice collection you have there, and you have all those native Malaysian bugs right in your backyard.

What kind of insect are "Dockers"? I'm not familiar with that common name.

Well I started with many local species due to the accessablity of the animal. and Well to be frank not many malaysian appreciate our local snake and reptiles, instead they look for animals that is from oversea 1st. But then now i have most of the local species that I wanted and Now I want animals outside.

To your 2nd Questions. Is a Kind of Beetles, Coz everyone seem to give me a different name about the animal and I do have a lots more whcih i can't find the name or find the accurate name for them. Personally speaking not many good bugs and invert guys in my country are willing to share. I hope i have a Digi Cam with me coz I my phone camera sucks and my camera spoil. I will post the picture when I able to borrow a digicam from my friend.