My roach enclosure,

I've been checking out the forum for a few days now, and just wanted to post pictures of my roach home. They're madagascar Hissing roaches, there were two, but one of them died. :unsure: Yeah, I have no idea why, because I like to think I take pretty good care of them. I'm looking to breed them, when I get a new male, and the lady might already be pregnant, here's to hoping! I want a colony, damn it! Oh! Does anyone have any idea what kinds of other crawlies I could put in there with the roaches, when they start breeding? I quite wanted an empporor scorpion, population managment, plus, they're just pretty cool. My landlord nixed that idea, and he's really not liking the idea of the roaches up here period. <_< I was thinking australian leaf bugs? It's a pretty big tank, and I need some ideas.

Sorry about the links, it won't let me upload the pictures, because I guess the file is too large. I hope I can get this to work.

samsascage051.jpg

samsascage053.jpg

samsascage052.jpg

Nice enclosure, looks like the female will like it! As for a cage-mate, maybe an African Giant Black millipede (if you keep the humidity a bit higher)? Most phasmids (leaf insects) are illegal in the U.S. unfortunately. Good luck with your colony!

Nice enclosure, looks like the female will like it! As for a cage-mate, maybe an African Giant Black millipede (if you keep the humidity a bit higher)? Most phasmids (leaf insects) are illegal in the U.S. unfortunately. Good luck with your colony!

And these guys might be illegal here in Canada. >.> I don't think leaf insects are illegal here though! But I'm liking the millipede idea.