Hello from Germany!

Jolly

Hi everybody!

I'm completely new to this forum and thought it would be polite to introduce myself. :)

My name is Jolly (well, at least that's the name I usually use on the internet and partly in real life, too), I'm 29 and I've been keeping roaches as pets a little over a year now. I started out with Blaptica Dubia (I took some home from work) and soon after got addicted to the various different types of hissers.

Last but not least, I'd like to compliment you on this forum and the huge amount of information posted in all the numerous threads! :) I pretty much had to pry myself off my laptop the other night, since there are so many interesting threads to read!

Best regards

Jolly

Welcome! You got your dubia from work?

Living in Europe must be great because of all the available bugs that are illegal over here.

Hey,

yeah, I work at a local pet store and just couldn't resist the little buggers... ;)

Certain types of venomous insects are in fact illegal in some German states, but fortunately we don't have any legislation concerning bugs. :) in fact I just ordered more hissers a couple of days ago! *joy*

• 2 weeks later...
Which hissers have you got by now? I also love hissers! :lol:

I currently have:

Gromphadorrhina portentosa

Gromphadorrhina oblongata

Gromphadorrhina grandidieri

Princisia vanwaerebeki

Elliptorhina chopardi

Elliptorhina javanica

Elliptorhina davidi

Aeluropoda insignis

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you! No, just the Dubias and the hissers. I do keep millipedes, though. :)

I haven't forgotten about the pics either, but there was just no time. Fortunately, I'll be on vacation for the next two weeks, so I think I should be able to squeeze in at least one big photoshoot... ;)