Blaberus sp. pronotum dents

What are the recorded differences between the various Blaberus species pronotum dents? So far the only difference I've found is that B. discoidalis has several small dents (they look like someone took a toothpick and stabbed it several times into the base of the pronotum) whereas most other small Blaberus species lack these (B. atropos appears to show them though.)

A lot of Blaberus have elongated or crescent-shaped dents around the center of the pronotum. I was looking at pictures of the various species in culture and noticed boliviensis looks like it has the toothpick-pokes too.

A lot of Blaberus have elongated or crescent-shaped dents around the center of the pronotum. I was looking at pictures of the various species in culture and noticed boliviensis looks like it has the toothpick-pokes too.

From what I can see it only has two of them. Right where the two red dots are, interestingly. B. discoidalis seems to have them at those points and also in a scattered pattern behind them and beside them.

These patterns should be very useful for species identification if it turns out that they're consistent. Almost like fingerprints.

These patterns should be very useful for species identification if it turns out that they're consistent. Almost like fingerprints.

...except that it varies from one culture to another, and has no real discernable consistancy to the pattern species-wide. This is why for the most part roach species are classified by thier genitalia and not so much outward appearance. Its almost like trying to classify G.portentosa by color.