Hello from Central NY

cockroachguy.com

Hello, my name is Jim. I used to raise gromphadorhina portentosa back in the '90's for fun & profit. I own http://www.cockroachguy.com

I retired from "the business" and no longer raise or even own hissers anymore. I have been answering questions that people email me after they stumble across my website since then.

I stumbled across this board and thought I'd pop in from time to time and help answer any questions (if I can) and/or give my opinion and learn, so I can better answer question I get from my site.

I'm not an entomologist, just an enthusiast with about 15 years of experience raising & feeding, my favorite, the Madagascar Hissing Cockroach.

Hiya! I'm sure you were expecting this question: Why don't you have hissers anymore? :P

Hiya! I'm sure you were expecting this question: Why don't you have hissers anymore? :P

Hi, Ralph. Nice to "meet" you.

There were several factors like the amount of travel we were doing and finding someone willing to look in on them was getting difficult. They were producing faster then I was able to feed or sell so housing became an issue. Then there was an escape incident with our newborn grandchildren that put my wife and the rest of the family over the edge. They just didn't share my appreciation for our amazing little friends. I caved to keep the peace and sold the colony.

Hi, Ralph. Nice to "meet" you.

There were several factors like the amount of travel we were doing and finding someone willing to look in on them was getting difficult. They were producing faster then I was able to feed or sell so housing became an issue. Then there was an escape incident with our newborn grandchildren that put my wife and the rest of the family over the edge. They just didn't share my appreciation for our amazing little friends. I caved to keep the peace and sold the colony.

Family takes precedence over bugs. That's too bad though.

Lol at "meet"!