What is this? Is it a Pycnoscelus surinamensis?

Pronotum shape looks different from Pycnoscelus surinamensis, and it's very dark. Where do you live?

You know... On closer inspection of the first photo I could be convinced it's P. surinamensis. The species has been introduced all over the world... And it does look very similar. At first I thought the pronotum was much more oval than P. surinamensis, but looking at a bigger version of the photo I can see what looks like the semitransparent front portion, as well as the angular posterior extension. If you could take pictures with better lighting, I think it would help us out a lot.

You know... On closer inspection of the first photo I could be convinced it's P. surinamensis. The species has been introduced all over the world... And it does look very similar. At first I thought the pronotum was much more oval than P. surinamensis, but looking at a bigger version of the photo I can see what looks like the semitransparent front portion, as well as the angular posterior extension. If you could take pictures with better lighting, I think it would help us out a lot.

Thanks. I will find another one this summer.

• 2 weeks later...

I get some more clear pictures. Please have a look.

• 2 months later...