American roach refuses to eat food

I found a large P. americana under a tree which near my home yesterday evening. I caught it and put it into a bottle at once. But it refuses to eat any food now. I know it is healthy because it is very smart and can run very fast. I don't know what's wrong with it. Who can tell me what to do? Thanks a lot.

post-4709-0-21892400-1400218425_thumb.jpg

Mabye get something larger for it to live in a bottle will just stress it.

Small plastic cage works good they sell for small animals. Put something in so it can hide if it chooses, they eat when its dark out so put food in before bed. They love sweet foods like apples and bananas, white bread moistened with water, and dog or cat food.

Mist the cage with water daily, they need humidity.

American roach is a tough species, but no matter how tough it is you need to provide a basic set up instead of a plastic bottle. A container in proper size, barrier, hiding, water source and food; those would be easy to set up.

Mabye get something larger for it to live in a bottle will just stress it.

Small plastic cage works good they sell for small animals. Put something in so it can hide if it chooses, they eat when its dark out so put food in before bed. They love sweet foods like apples and bananas, white bread moistened with water, and dog or cat food.

Mist the cage with water daily, they need humidity.

Thanks for your advise. It's all right now.