Orange Head Roach killing and eating cricket

Yep, they definitely do that. They have a voracious appetite and will eat other insects. If there are no other food sources available they will even eat freshly molted roaches of their own species. I remember feeding them my waxworms after my failed attempt at breeding those. As soon as I dropped one in they piled on top of it.

Yep, they definitely do that. They have a voracious appetite and will eat other insects. If there are no other food sources available they will even eat freshly molted roaches of their own species. I remember feeding them my waxworms after my failed attempt at breeding those. As soon as I dropped one in they piled on top of it.

Wow. Will your Orange heads do that with all types of insects/creatures or are they just mainly attracted to a few times of insects like fleshy waxworms?

I haven't tried any other species. Maybe I'll put in an N. cinerea just to see what happens. The few times I have caught them eating one of their own it was a freshly molted nymph. So they would probably go for a soft-bodied insect more than one with a thicker shell.

When I got my orange heads I read they like the extra protien. So my first thought was to take some of the cricket flour (ground up baked crickets) from the cricket farm I used to work at and offer it to them. Seems they eat a cup of it a week. Its not the cheapest stuff but since I had it figured I would put it to good use. My dermestids arnt eating it fast enough. Lol